Thursday, July 14, 2022

Japanese Pub - Soba to Sake AO

Restaurant Review by A. N.

I will introduce Soba to Sake AO. The "ao" in the restaurant name means "blue" in Japanese.

This restaurant is a restaurant and Japanese Pub. If you want to eat soba but don't need to drink alcohol, it's no problem. The staff brings water first and you can order a soft drink. This store is like a restaurant in the daytime. When I went in the day, I saw many workers in this pub and they were drinking water or soft drinks.

This pub is open from 11:30-15:00 and 17:00-23:00. Holidays are irregular. This restaurant has a different menu in the day and evening. Day time is like a normal restaurant and in the evening time, add alcohol. You can have fun drinking alcohol in the evening. However this pub's soba price is more expensive at night than the normal daytime soba.  

I will compare between the day part and the evening part. This is the menu in the day part (11:30-15:00). The bold font shows the goods name and below is the price. Lunchtime-only items are available in the day part such as tuna fish with grated Japanese yam set or beef bowl set, and you can drink Japanese rice wine. I didn't order either of them, but they look so yummy. 

daytime menu

This is the menu in the evening part. The menu font style is different and so many foods are available except soba. The difference from the day part is there are fried goods, raw vegetables and snacks for alcohol. I want to recommend going if you want to eat a little high-class Japanese food in the evening part.

evening menu

Next, I'll introduce the food I actually ate. The day was so hot and I wanted to eat something cold but I just didn't want only raw food. so I ordered Chilled Duck Tantan Soba. The soba's refreshing taste matched the richness of the tantan, so it was quite delicious! The glass on left side in this picture holds spices so you can adjust the spiciness.

chilled duck tantan soba
After trying it out. I felt it was very tasty because of spiciness. I didn't feel it was too spicy. But if you don't like spicy food, you shouldn't try it.

I wrote that the soba was a little expensive, but I felt it was well worth the price.

This store room style is moody and BGM was jazz style so you can relax at this store. but the store is not very large. Seats may not be able to stay long in some cases.

If you want to eat soba quietly, you should go to this pub in the daytime. On the other hand, if you want to drink alcohol or eat delicious soba too and have fun, I want to recommend going in the evening part.

Soba to Sake AO
Address: 1-45-66 Futamatagawa, Asahi-ku, Kanagawa 〒241-0053
Access: Futamatagawa Station (JR)
Tel: 045-744-9995
Open hours: 11:30-15:00, 17:00-23:00

No comments:

Post a Comment