Sunday, July 17, 2022

AWKitchen Figlia - Colorful Pasta restaurant

Restaurant Review by Y. O.

I would like to introduce an Italian restaurant called AWKitchen Figlia. This restaurant specializes in homemade fresh pasta. I entered this restaurant because I was intrigued by the colorful fresh pasta displayed next to the entrance.

I went to the restaurant around 2:00 pm, just before the end of lunch time on a weekday. I figured that lunch time would be crowded, so I decided to go at that time. The restaurant was empty and I was shown to my table right away. Before we were seated, it was explained to us that we had 90 minutes to eat, but it was enough time for a leisurely meal.

Once we were seated, the waiter brought us a bottle of cold water and explained the menu with a smile. During lunch time, there was a pasta set and a dessert set. I ordered the pasta set. It was 1,749 yen for a choice of appetizer and pasta. For me, since I don’t earn much, paying 1,749 yen for lunch was a bit expensive, so I went with my mother. I was able to choose from three appetizers and decided to have a garden salad with organic and spring vegetables from Yamaguchi Farm in Nara Prefecture. For pasta, there were five choices, and I chose the tomato and basil pomodoro from Mr. Ishino's farm in Chiba Prefecture, with linguine kneaded with beets. I thought it was interesting that the names on the menu even included the names of the producers.




First came the appetizer. The salad looked like a flower garden and contained many kinds of vegetables, and the dressing was very well matched with the vegetables. It was interesting to see raw eggplant and other vegetables that I had never eaten before. It was a hearty and satisfying appetizer salad. Next came the pasta. The bright red pasta looked beautiful with the green basil. The fresh pasta was very sticky and the sauce was well mixed with the pasta and was very tasty. The amount was a little large for me. The salads and pasta are colorful, and this Italian restaurant is a pleasure for both the eyes and the palate.

The restaurant is located on the 13th floor of Shibuya Scramble Square, and as I entered the restaurant, I could see the sunlight pouring in through the large windows, making it very bright. I thought the night view would be beautiful if I visited at night.

AWKitchen Figlia
Tel: 03-6419-3380
Address: 2-24-12 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Shibuya Scramble Square 13F
Hours: 11:00~22:00 (LO21:30)
Regular holidays: Same as Shibuya Scramble Square
Website: http://www.eat-walk.com/awkitchen_shibuya

No comments:

Post a Comment