Friday, July 12, 2019

Showa Atmosphere - Juraku

Restaurant Review by I. Y.

I would like to introduce Restaurant Juraku (聚楽,じゅらく). It's one of the famous restaurants in Asakusa in Tokyo. The exterior is nostalgic and retro like the Showa Era in Japan. I went there just after the restaurant opened, but there were already many customers of various generations standing in front of the restaurant.

The interior is also nostalgic and retro and the atmosphere is  like a cafe from old times. The interior of the restaurant is so large. The staff is friendly and speaks English a bit to foreigners. Service is fast. There are many kinds of meals, from Japanese to western. Of course, there are Chinese items, too.

This time I ordered the “Adult Kid’s plate (大人のお子様ランチ).” It is really big and there were many things on the plate, including an omelet, pasta, hamburg steak and fried chicken. The taste was really good. I’d never tried an omelet before, but this time I tried it. I recommend the pasta  that comes with this plate because the taste is really nostalgic like I ate in my childhood.

The price was 1814 yen. Prices range from 500 yen to 2000 yen. I think it’s not so expensive and a reasonable price.

Juraku (聚楽 じゅらく)
Address: Tokyo Taito-ku, Asakusa 1-23-9
               111-0032
Phone: 050-3462-9574
Hours: Open every day.
Monday to Sunday  11:00〜21:00
URL: g095625.gorp.jp/

No comments:

Post a Comment