Saturday, June 28, 2014

Tonkatsu Restaurant - Maisen

Restaurant Review by Y. H.

I will introduce a tonkatsu (pork cutlet) restaurant. Tonkatsu is one of the most popular foods in Japan. Of course, I like it very much.

I went to Maisen at Foursyun in LaLaPort Yokohama. It is located near Kamoi Station on the Yokohama Line. Foursyun is like a food court. Customers sit at one of the many tables and eat, but it is more expensive and more refined than a general food court. Foursyun has many tempting restaurants, I chose Maisen from among them.
At Maisen, we can eat various pork cutlet items, such as shogayaki (pork fried with ginger), pork cutlet curry, and katsudon (pork cutlet with egg on rice). I ordered the cha-mi-ton (a kind of pork cutlet) set meal. It’s 1190 yen. It is not too expensive.
The tonkatsu is glossy, but definitely not oily, and is very tender, so I could cut it easily with chopsticks. In addition, the coating is very crispy and tasty. Maybe I had never eaten such a delicious pork cutlet before. Naturally, the rice and laver miso soup tastes very good. I ate it too quickly, which was slightly regrettable.
If you want to eat tonkatsu at Maisen, you should go on a weekday because it is very crowded on weekends.
Tonkatsu Maisen
Address: LaLaPort, Yokohama, 4035-1 Ikonobecho, Tsuzuki-ku Yokohama-shi, Kanagawa, 224-0053
Phone: 045-931-1000
Hours: 11:00 a.m. ~ 22:00 p.m.
Access: About 10 minutes walk from Yokohama Line, Kamoi Station
URL: http://mai-sen.com/
  

No comments:

Post a Comment